Re: Oedit crash

From: Chuck Carson (chuck@EDEN.COM)
Date: 06/10/98

Does the object file exist? I have noticed that you can have a zon and a wld
file and no obj file created. Then if you oedit an object with a vnum that
falls
in that zone (otherwise create an object) it creates the new object in
memory
fine, but when you try to save (ie oedit tries to write it to perm storage)
it
crashes. I haven' had time to track this further, I just make sure every
zone
in the game has an object file with at least one generic object in it. (Same
with mobs but I have not experienced this crash with a same scenario and
mob creation)

On a side not, I have hacked my Oasis so much, does using 'zedit new' to
create new zones supposed to create the world, object, and mob files as
well?

Chuck