Re: purgeplay.c

From: Lord Kyu (shapeshifter@TKA.COM)
Date: 06/12/98

>    First, realize that you're not saving space, or efficiency by deleting
> pre-used idnums.

        To cut this short, I have been following this discussion, and it doesn't
sound as though renumbering the ID's is a good thing when someone deletes.
I was just wondering if there may be something in CircleMUD (if there is I
havent read that part of the code yet), that when creating a new character,
finds an empty slot (such a a space where a deleted character used to be
before a player purge) and assigns them that ID number. If this code does
exist, I would assume that it purges the mail if mail exists for a player
who gets set deleted, or who does delete.

- Kyu -