Re: [OFFTOPIC] Attitudes

From: Stephen Wolfe (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 06/12/98

> Ok, I know Im the not the greatest coder in the world, and at times I ask
> for help, but recently when I have all Ive gotten are "Go get a book
> idiot" or "I dunno whats wrong you tell us newbie" like really isnt this
> list to HELP people like myself, is it not?

No. The list is a forum to exchange ideas for developement of
CircleMUDs (or MUDs in general). If sometimes people ask for help to
expand upon some ideas, or if people are having trouble with someone
else's code (or idea), then they will usually be helped. But every post
you have sent to the list about code that you (supposedly) wrote were
simply asking for others to think for you, or code your MUD for you.
Learn to code. If you have a problem try to give useful information (like
a coredump), and avoid asking questions like: 'My MUD crashes..What's
wrong?'

ObCircle:
Urm..I'm working on Heditv2a. Fixing a couple of bugs that people
reported, doing some more testing, etc. Should be done some time next
week.

siv

"Killing the bad stupid people, so the good stupid people may thrive."
        The Scorched Earth Party -