Re: [OFFTOPIC] Attitudes

From: Tom Whiting (xantha@MUD3.GATOR.NET)
Date: 06/13/98

Learning to code takes a great deal of time, believe me I've been at it
for a while.  The beginner, in anything, will ask stupid questions, but
with time will be shown the answer to those stupid questions.  I admit
it,I've asked MORE than my share of stupid questions in here, but, I've
taken my share of flames.

For the most part, you're right, people DO actually sign up for this list,
stay on it a day or two, and start asking questions.  Unfortunately,that's
no need to get angry with them. If that were the case, well, there'd be no
more experienced people, cuz the newbies (which we ALL started out as),
wouldn't be any longer.

MY point is this:
This list, IS meant for all circle related issues. Yeah, some of the
questions get redundant, but, hey, we've all asked them at times..
The reason I ask some of teh questions I've asked that MAY seem basic to
some is because, just MAYBE someone's gone through the same problem with
their mud,and can show me a shorter way to deal with the problem.
I hesitate, most of the time to ask questions on here, about coding stuff,
because I can solve MOST problems on my own, but there ARE the occasional
problems I need a bit of help with.

 Xantha:
a freakish coder working days and nights on endless tasks on a mud.