Re: Problem with medit

From: Rob Baumstark (shirak@CONNECT.AB.CA)
Date: 06/14/98

>I am crashing with medit() when I try and save a newly created
>mob, medit() works fine otherwise. I have made sure each field
>was completed. I even placed all non-zero values in each of the
>numeric fields, and I cannot figure this one out.
>
>The core points to medit_save_internally (d=81bd298)
>with free(mob_index);
>(By the way, I do not know what the value in parenthesis means, I
>am guessing it is hex???) I am assuming this is a NULL pointer
>but I cannot trace it.

Thats the exact same error I am still having (See my post from a while ago
about Memory Overrun Somewhere)  The only responce I got here was to upgrade
to bpl13, which I haven't been able to do yet (hopefully next few days.)
Commenting out the line will make it work, but it does not solve the
underlying problem of the memory overrun.  I am using Oasis 1.6b and
MobProgs, without the 128-bit patch.  If you get anywhere on finding it,
please tell me as I've spent too much time on this bug already, and I'll be
sure to do the same.

G:  "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
EB: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in
     the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."
-- Somewhere in No Man's Land, BA4