Re: MUD Time

From: Lubos Lunak (l.lunak@SH.CVUT.CZ)
Date: 06/17/98

Del Minturn wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has messed with the tic's on their mud. Mainly
> cut down the time span between tics and yet maintained the 70 or so
> seconds for each MUD hour. Or even if you have any thoughts on this..
> Please email me. Would like to get some idea's on what I can do for a
> smoother transition for updating hp's, mana, move..
>
> Thanks

comm.c, heartbeat() :

  if (!(pulse % (SECS_PER_MUD_HOUR * PASSES_PER_SEC))) {
    weather_and_time(1);
    affect_update();
    point_update();
    fflush(player_fl);
  }
+ if( !( pulse % PULSE_QUICK_UPDATE ))
+    point_quick_update();

In limits.c, move hp, mana, move gain code to a new function
point_quick_update(),  and change hit_gain(), mana_gain() and move_gain()
functions to suit your needs. Also add in structs.h something like #define
PULSE_QUICK_UPDATE ( 10 RL_SEC ).

Or use DG Events, I think there is a patch for this somewhere, but I don't
know where you can find it. Start at patches.van.ml.org and maybe you'll
find it.

 L.Lunak
 l.lunak@sh.cvut.cz