Re: [RELEASE] Wilderness/ASCII Mapping System

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 06/18/98

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, James Turner wrote:

> James Turner <turnerjh@xtn.net> writes:
>
> Following up to my follow-up.  You can't copyright ideas (I misread
> that part initially).  He can license his code, but not his ideas.  If
> he chooses to patent them then he perhaps could.

 Well here we go...
  Patent them and chase offenders how?
seems like a bad statment but it is, you have to accept that if you post
am idea, code, etc you gonna get people who use it and give no credit much
less something in the log in screen. Sorry man you put it on a ftp site
you must accept such things unless you rich and bored.

  Moving on..

 He like a dozen others saw the maps said hurm and went to work. Well I
did this and came to conclusion I didnt like the small world it creates.
You can use gross ammounts of rnum and get a somewhat tidy filling but
(note this is my view not ness others) I have already ran into problem
with running out rnums and had to switch to long int with rnum. So I
decided to just use maps while you on your personal ship and I did it by
hacking at do_scan. If you plf_map when you enter room it scans for sector
types instead of char's in the room of course I added extra checks so it
look more than just rooms scan does. Then with a simple const charater
making sector types represent ansi. Doing this I also put a S for others
ships like he did P and M for players and mob. So if you hoped on my ship
would you shout I gave no credit?

O well and on a finall note I sent a piece of mail to Alex almost 10
months ago and he responded today. Just saying to get a feel of how spammy
his inbox must be.