Re: Show Shop / Misc / George

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 06/22/98

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Lord Kyu wrote:

>What I typed was "show shop 30" and the mud downed itself.

Don't suppose you have more information, such as anything from the
debugger? I don't know how to use it (never have tried), but you could ask
our resident Windows 95 expert answer guy about it. (Rob)

>        A couple other misc questions I have are: Is MSVC, or Windows able
>to log files, such as the GC commands etc?

Check config.c for:

/* What file to log messages to (ex: "log/syslog").  Setting this to NULL
 *  means you want to log to stderr, which was the default in earlier
 * versions of Circle.
 */
char *LOGNAME = NULL;
/* char *LOGNAME = "log/syslog";  -- useful for Windows users */

>When I did a shutdown reboot on the other hand, it did not reboot, but
>instead just shut'er down.

Right, you need an 'autorun'-like script for reboot to work.

>        Last, I am sorry for 1, making it sound as though Jeremy Elson
>did, and doesn't now, as George stated, it was completely unitentional.

I think he'll understand, don't worry about it.  A year or so ago from
bpl11 to bpl12, he probably felt like a 'did' too.  :)

>Number 2, I didn't mean to put Mr. George. I started to type Mr. Greer,
>realising it was too formal, attempted to backspace over it and type
>George. (shrugs).  Guess thats what I get for staying up strange hours.

I don't mind, although I'd say I don't warrant a Mr. yet. :)

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://patches.van.ml.org/          | stupidity is not thus handicapped.