Re: Required sleep?

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 06/23/98

At 01:40 AM 6/23/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone developed a system for players to require them to sleep for
>any specific amount of time?
>
>Meaning the player has to rest/sleep after so many mud hours?

As Bel said, just an addition of the hunger/thirst/drunk code. In my
implementation  of required sleep, I make it such that a player
cannot move if s/he needs sleep; cannot cast spells; cannot fight
(and, since they cannot fight, they're real easy to kill); and since I've
got a races implementation, I gave each race their own sleep requirements
(as an example, dwarves need the least and felines {yes, I've a feline
race} need the most.

This of course opens the door for a family of rejuvination-type spells too.