Re: [Long] Misc Bugs of Circle 3.0/13a

From: Lord Kyu (shapeshifter@TKA.COM)
Date: 06/28/98

> >4). In act.offensive.c and act.other.c the skills within these files do
not
> >check to make sure that the player knows of the skills or has knowledge
in
> >using them. I merely added this check to fix the problem.
>
> Shouldn't matter, they'll fail anyway.  I did it for do_track because it
is
> a potentially time-consuming function.

        In cases such as do_steal where as it retuns a success of the person is
sleeping that kind of check was something that needed to be put in, unless
you thought everyone should be able to steal from a sleeping victim. I
rather have them get a message that they do not know how, this way it gives
the illusion that the skills are worth more when you do learn them.

        Thank you for the direction of the bug fixes, I didn't know they were
there. Sorry for the spam to the list.

- Lord Kyu -