[ADMIN] [LICENSE] license.doc question

From: John Woods (JWoodsIII@AOL.COM)
Date: 07/06/98

<<
-- The login sequence must contain the names of the DikuMUD and CircleMUD
   creators.  The 'login sequence' is defined as the text seen by players
   between the time they connect to the MUD and when they start to play
   the game itself.

The license.doc file isn't very specific here, but it was on the previous
point (don't change what's already in the credits file), so I wanted to
double-check. Am I allowed to change the CircleMUD credits at login so they
are on less lines than at the present? ie instead of:

                            Based on CircleMUD 3.0,
                            Created by Jeremy Elson

                      A derivative of DikuMUD (GAMMA 0.0)
                                  Created by
                     Hans Henrik Staerfeldt, Katja Nyboe,
               Tom Madsen, Michael Seifert, and Sebastian Hammer

could I have:

Based on CircleMUD 3.0, created by Jeremy Elson.
CircleMUD is a derivative of DikuMUD (GAMMA 0.0),
 Created by:
   Hans Henrik Staerfeldt       Katja Nyboe,
   Tom Madsen                   Michael Seifert
   Sebastian Hammer

Or is this not allowed at all? It's just that I have a slightly large title
screen, and it isn't exactly easy to see with all of the scroll.

Sorry to spam the list, please send flames to me. :-)

Thanks,
-Elrelet