Re: [LINK] Faster RNG

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 07/10/98

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, d. hall wrote:

>There is more than one "GPL".  Did you actually _look_ at the source before
>jumping to the age old status quo argument?

Even the NPL is incompatible with the GPL.  Yes I read it, but missed the
Library GPL part.  I know what that license is and it would work fine, but
the RNG is still ugly compared to the current one.

Licensing issues aside, it still loses on readability and complexity.

gcc -O2 -S

wc < mt19937int.s       (w/o included main function)
    164     311    2579
wc < random.s
     79     151    1325

Hm, double the instructions.