Re: Selling CircleMUD

From: James Turner (turnerjh@XTN.NET)
Date: 07/10/98

George <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG> writes:

> There is currently someone in rec.games.mud.diku attempting to sell his
> 19-month old copy of CircleMUD-derived code for $300.
>
> This is illegal and I have already contacted someone at his University.  If
> he used University property to develop the MUD, it'll be a nice and easy
> way of taking care of the problem at hand.
>
> Don't do it.

What if he only sold a diff file from his mud's source to the current
code?  Similar with areas.  What if the areas were completely
non-stock -- they're not part of CircleMUD, so they would be sellable,
correct?

Chip (who thinks the Circle and Diku licenses need lawyers to go over
them with a fine-tooth comb)

--
James Turner                turnerjh@pattern.net         UIN: 1102038
                            http://www.vuse.vanderbilt.edu/~turnerjh/