Re: [NEWBIE] [BUGS] Erwin's Copyover

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 07/15/98

>     My MUD has Erwin's copyover and I have been trying to get it so that
> if a player didn't rent (they quit) then they load back in the room that
> they quit in.  What copyover's changes I do not know how this would be
> done.  Could someone help out?

        Sure.  Copyover completely reboots the mud.  The only thing it
saves is the descriptor data (well, the only thing it uses). If you want
them to load back in the room that they quit in, you'll have make it so
that when a character quits, the room their in is saved, and when they
enter the game, the room is restored.  You can most likely check on alex's
patch site for something of this sort.

        If you can't find something there, and can't write it, ask, cause
I'm sure that I or someone else could probably whip up a decent (that is,
working) patch in 5 minutes or so.

        Oh, and there's probably something in the archives about it if you
search.

                                                        PjD