Re: [offtopic] list server

From: d. hall (dhall@OOI.NET)
Date: 07/18/98

> i d like to set up a list server for my mud
> where can i find any good programs that work under unix/linux???

Really offtopic. =)

www.greatcircle.com, offers majordomo.

Relatively easy to administer, and works rather well for smaller lists,
although can scale up to 10 to 20 thousand.

ObCircle: in my off time, wrote a perl script to convert some circle
datafiles into mysql records, to offer fast lookups into different objects
types.  Would be interesting to link sql and a mud, mud checks if sql
server is running and responding, if so send queries to it, if not use the
old fashioned slow method to find objects.

d.