Re: Bug in bpl14 (well, I think it is) -0700"

From: d. hall (dhall@OOI.NET)
Date: 07/19/98

> This is being forwarded to bugs@circlemud.org too.
> Ok, Sprintbit should be defined as

> void    sprintbit(unsigned long vektor, const char *names[], char
> *result);

> This way, if you have all 32 bitbectors used, you don't get an error.
> After all, bitvectors don't need to be signed.  Might also want to look
> into making all bitvectors defined as unsigned.  We don't need to waste
> the extra bit on something we don't even use.

An easy way around this, and to be lazy.

typedef unsigned long vect;

You define a type vect to act as all your bitvectors.  Yes it may prove
wasteful if you plan to have a lot of short bitvectors, but in the long
run, having a uniform bitvector type means making just one class of
functions to handle them.

d.