Re: Slashdot

From: James Turner (turnerjh@XTN.NET)
Date: 07/24/98

George <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG> writes:

> I just have to 'pretty it up' at the moment and think of a name...

Well, a circle is a hollow dot.  So SlashCircle.  But a circle with a
slash through it is a Phi, or a NULL, depending on how big the circle
is.  Can also be a zero.  So appropriate names would be Phi, Null, or
Zero ;) Or... a Slash Circle is like a slash before a zero.  But we
all know that you can't divide by zero.  So the answer is Not a
Number.  So call it Undefined or NaN or, if you feel like being a bit
unmathematical, Infinity.

Lame.  I know.  But I couldn't resist.

--
James Turner                turnerjh@pattern.net         UIN: 1102038