Spell casting times

From: Kyle Goodwin (vbmasta@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 07/25/98

I have noticed that on most muds when you cast a spell it does not fire off
instantianiously.  It say something like you start chanting then it goes
Castig: Whatever spell *** then Casting: Whatever spell **, etc until it
finally gets to You complete your spell and the normal text that goes with
circle spellcasting.  During the time you are chanting you can be bashed
and fail the spell.  Also casting time is determined by a combination of
int, wis, and race (if implemented).  I was wondering if there was a patch
for this anywhere or if anyone who has done it could give me a few tips on
how to get started.

Kyle Goodwin