Re: [NEWBIE] problem with copyover

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 07/30/98

> hi..  i got the copyover patch from ftp.circlemud.org and hand patched
> into the circle bpl14..  there were no errors or warnings when i
> compile..  however when i enter the game and type 'copyover' it

        I'd bet that the copyover patch isn't for bpl14, and since the
history (the part its currently crashing on) is recently new, that the
copyover patch does not actually account for this information - whether
initilizing it or clearing it.  In the same way it doesn't account for
alias information loading, the history isn't being loaded.

        You'll probably want to find out where in the character loading
procedure the history is setup, and from there, add it into the copyover
character initilization..
                                PjD