Re: [CODE] [NEWBIE] Non-instantaneous commands

From: Andy Hubbard (hub@LEICESTER.AC.UK)
Date: 08/07/98

WAIT_STATE will not work for this sort of thing, input to the character
still occurs, they just won't be able to do anything for the duration of the
WAIT_STATE.
 What you need to do is implement an event system, I recommend dg_events.
Then write a delayed_sendtochar() event.
 dg_events is on the ftp site at www.circlemud.org I believe.

           #####  DreamScapes MUD  (playtest)  #####
Endure no Imitations for They Will Surely Become Your Nightmares
                telnet://dreamscapes.ml.org:4000
      http://homepages.webleicester.co.uk/hub/ds/main.html