Re: A offtopic and obcircle

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 08/07/98

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998 15:51:19 -0400 Christopher Avans <parka@CDC.NET>
writes:
>        Has anyone ever ran into the following problem with nmake?
>My nmae dos compiler that came with my MSVC++ has decided it doesnt
>like
>timestamp. It will do a full compile each time I edit anything. And if
>compiler stops on a .c file for a goof it will always start back at
>comm.c. Moreover, after it links it compiler again and stops w/o a
>link.
>This is very frustrating I have a 200 mhz processor but still takes
>about
>3 mins to compile and makes work a pain. If you know how to stop this
>or have had the problem and know a fix please inform me. A side note
>this
>also happens on my work projects, my MUD, and a stock circle test I
>did to
>test my abillity of Makefile creation. *ARGHHHHHHHHHH*

Try looking at Robert Baumstark's page, it has information for compiling
within the program itself.  With that, you can also use the internal
debugger.  I don't know the address offhand, but if you go to George's
page(http://www.van.ml.org/~greerga/CircleMUD) you can find a link to
it...  look at the patches stuff, towards the bottom on the right hand
side and you'll get a link to compiling with Microsoft stuff.  Hopefully
that helps!

-Phillip

|Phillip Ames    | Treat friends in debt like family.|
|kirk47@juno.com | Exploit them.                     |
|http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html           |