Re: Book on UNIX Network programming

From: d. hall (dhall@OOI.NET)
Date: 08/07/98

// thus on Fri, 7 Aug 1998 08:27:13 -0400, Ron wrote:

> Unix Network Programming
> W. Richard Stevens
> ISBN 0-13-949876-1

> Pretty much the standard to any good unix network programming collection

If you can, get the second edition.  There seem to be two different types
of second edition (i.e. the covers are different).

Unlike the original, the second edition is broken up into a couple books,
but for purposes of mud programming you'll only need the first one,
networking API's (sockets and XTI).

Information about it can be found at www.kohala.com.

If you're programming on Linux, you may find the book, Linux Application
Developement to be of use, by Johnson and Troan.  It gives very useful tips
on using gcc, make and gdb, as well as I believe showing how to write an
internet daemon.

d.