Re: [DG SCRIPTS] Need soem help with a script.

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 08/10/98

At 12:35 PM 8/10/98 -0700, you wrote:

>if rand(15)

>Now, there are no reported errors in the scripting, however when I test
>the mob, all it ever uses is the 'if rand(15)' group. and it never
>advances beyond that. Can anyone help? I'm using PL3 for DG Scripts I
>believe.

1) upgrade to pl5a to remain current.
2) read the documentation for DG Scripts instead of for MobProgs. In DG,
ramdom numbers are done through the %random.max-num% pseudo-variable.
So, if you want an X in a hundred percent chance, think about:

eval chance %random.100%
if %chance% <= 15
    it was the 1st 15%
else if %chance% <= 50