Re: [CODE] OasisOLC releases...

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 08/13/98

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:08:54 -0600 brad willis <bwillis@SHAW.WAVE.CA>
writes:
>I'm looking for a release of Oasis OLC code that's all ready to be
>compiled
>under a Win32 system.. anyone know where I can find a version of Oasis
>that
>compiles under Win32? Also, I'm using bpl14 or circle code

Whatcha need to do, is head on over to ftp.circlemud.org, take a look in
the snippets / contrib areas, and look for anything with the words
OasisOLC and bpl14 somewhere in it...  Download that, and either:

A)Hand patch it if you know how, to learn try looking at George Greer's
page with a document entitled 'The art of hand patching'

B)Download the Cygnus Gnu-Win32 cdk.exe from their FTP site(Can't recall
exact
address atm) and install the port of some linux utils, including the
"Patch" program that will allow you to automatically patch it.

C)If you automatically patched it, look for any files with the extension
*.rej and make the changes to the code manually(I suggest you read the
hand patching document even if you are automatically patching, it helps a
lot).

D)If using Visual C++, add the new files to your 'Circle Files', cross
your fingers, and recompile.  If you need any more help, e-mail me
through private e-mail and I will try and help you solve problems.

Phillip Ames    | Treat friends in debt like family.
kirk47@juno.com | Exploit them.
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html