Re: Stock CircleMUD bpl14 bug

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 08/23/98

Tony Robbins [Kupek] wrote:

> -- Side note to OLC+ users --
>
> Also, for OLC+ users, get the social_editor.BUGFIX file (it is a patch)
> from ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/olc or
> ftp.van.ml.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/olc because I forgot to put it in,
> and it causes boards not to work after a social is added.  Sorry.

I patched this in and came up with an error for each line that was
added. so whats the deal with this one?

boards.c:160: `CMD_READ' undeclared (first use this function)
boards.c:160: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
boards.c:160: for each function it appears in.)
boards.c:161: `CMD_WRITE' undeclared (first use this function)
boards.c:162: `CMD_REMOVE' undeclared (first use this function)
boards.c:163: `CMD_LOOK' undeclared (first use this function)
boards.c:164: `CMD_EXAMINE' undeclared (first use this function)

It appears to move these lines down to the next function. Which is not
defined in that one obviously. Where should these lines go if they are
not defined there? I am unfamiliar with the bug and do not know why they
should be moved.

> I would put up a new patch, but why re-invent the wheel.  Maybe Del
> Minturn will put the fixed version on his page (which seems to have become
> the OLC+ site.  :P)

I don't mind putting the files there, (the space is being wasted now as
it is) however if you want to make it an OLC+ page, your more than
welcome. I will have to upload the files, all ya have to do is send me
what you want put up.