Re: Voting about inclusions in the next release of circlemud

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 08/26/98

On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Del Minturn wrote:

>Mainly the olc.c portion was added to stock with future addition in
>mind. I would assume that Oasis is the most popular choice, due to its
>menu driven interface. These two factors would seem to be a very good
>logical reasons to incorporate Oasis, into stock.

I sent a propopsal to Jeremy (and Alex), you'll hear more whenhe responds.

>There are also some nice features within Obuild that I think should be
>added to oasis. (zlist is a major one).

If Sammy would like to convert OBuild to use the GenOLC routines I've
written up, it'd help me release the combined OLC system earlier.

As it stands, I'll do Oasis 2.0, then Oasis 2.0 + Obuild, then maybe the
modular idea...

>if you want to call it) I found some inconsistancies. George, you write
>the Oasis (correct?), and a good portion of the Stock code. What is
>preventing the addition of Oasis into stock?

I didn't write Oasis 1.x, I just fixed it.  Uh, back to the previous
proposal thing, tell you more later.

>I never did figure out what the deal was with the bitvector_t and the
>long int warnings in the CVS. I just returned the bitvector_t to
>original in structs.h (including shop.h) and all works fine so far.

Change the bitvector_t typdef to a plain 'unsigned int' and see what you
get.

-
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/ (not done) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.