exp formula

From: Edward J Glamkowski (eglamkowski@ANGELFIRE.COM)
Date: 08/26/98

After a little bit of trial and error, I came up with
a power function that reasonably simulates the current
exp tables.  It isn't a great match in the mid-levels,
but matches the low and high ends well enough:

((level - 1) ^ 1.8) * 1000 * modifier

Where modifier is:
cl: 1.5
mu: 2.0
th: 1.5
wa: 1.75

Of course, you have to be careful at levels 0 and 1,
but after that this should work fine.

This does need the pow() function, so I'm not sure
how suitable that makes it (does the math library
generally come with most, if not all, compilers?)

---
eglamkowski@angelfire.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/eglamkowski/null.html <- Null webring
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/eglamkowski/eia.html  <- EiA webring