Re: Limiting Multiplayers..

From: The Fractal Dimension Administration (fracdime@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 08/26/98

Thus spake Chuck Reed <master@I-55.COM>:
> Hmm, this may just be 100% stupid, but has anyone ever tried slapping the
> saves/ac into
> the characters data (and pfile) instead of a universal thing?  This would
> make things like
> "-2 every 3 levels" easy to do.  Also, you can award special "AC or SAVE
> prizes" for quests or whatnot.  You could just add
>
> int saving_throw[NUM_OF_SAVES] [LVL_IMPL + 1];
> int ac[LVL_IMPL + 1];
>
> It's late and I can't think, is there a reason this would be dumb?

Only reason I can think of is that the player might be able to hack
his own portion of the pfile, or his own ascii pfile, and change it
to his liking.  If it's hard-coded it's a _bit_ harder to do.  Then
again, it's late here too and I'm having real difficulty thinking,
especially when confronted with the "minor glitches" of DG-Script
pl5a.
| The Fractal Dimension    --    "Nonexistent mud of the year"|