Colorcode Problems

From: Kieran Sobel (ReaperKS@AOL.COM)
Date: 08/27/98

I downloaded M.C. Lewis's Easy Color (ver 3 i believe) from the circlemud ftp.
It worked perfectly up until I decided to change it. I simplied it by taking
out background and cursur controls and change the start char to ^. So no it
things like the amount of spaces to read into the line, and how the second
char is found (got rid of the first switch). And changed the replacement
syntax in the editor from ^<text>^<newtext> to #'s. This was so the colorcodes
would work in OLC.
Now, the colorcodes themselves work perfectly, but when I use ^^ anywhere the
mud crashes.
It seems that whenever the mud can't display ^^ on the screen properly.
Can anyone think of a reason as to why thism ight be happeneing? Or some un-
obvious change I might have to make? I've racked my brain and for lack of any
knowledge about how to use gdb, I can't figure out where the problem is
occuring. So it would be pointless to give three pages worth of relevent code.
If anyone would still like to to e-mail them with the code that I changed I
would be happy to, just not on the list.

Thanks in advance for you help.
-Kieran
a.k.a. Kheray, Tayre, Bandon
        "Be careful what you laugh at, it might laugh back."
                        - Sonia Lyris