Re: REVISION OF MESSAGE

From: The Fractal Dimension Administration (fracdime@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 08/27/98

Thus spake Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold <dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET>:

> > one who RUNS the MUD too)  I know a lot of people don't want to
be stuck
> > like that, and that coding takes a lot of time, but if you add in the
> > most important features to a MUD first, open it, and then add the rest
> > slowly, you won't have too many problems, and you can just worry about
> > bugs and incompatibilities.

You should see some of _my_ bugs and incompatibilities.  I despair of
adding in godset.stk since I just added aedit.  I'm looking at OLC+
2.0 with green green envy.... although those bug messages ... heh heh.

>         I totally agree with this. I am the only one who codes on my MUD,
> and although maybe things go a little slower with adding new features then
> if we had multi coders, I think overall one coder MUDs are better designed
> then Multi-Coder MUDs. Now, this is not true 100%, but in my experience,
> it is enough for me not to get another coder.

Exactly.  One coder should be enough anyway and you don't want the
others to be constantly writing backdoors and whatnot.
| The Fractal Dimension    --    "Nonexistent mud of the year"|