Saving throws/AC storage (again, with a better subject)

From: Chuck Reed (master@I-55.COM)
Date: 08/27/98

I am reposting this because I don't think people really read it since it
had a completly wrong subject that had gotten old.

Hmm, this may just be 100% stupid, but has anyone ever tried slapping the
saves/ac into
the characters data (and pfile) instead of a universal thing?  This would
make things like
"-2 every 3 levels" easy to do.  Also, you can award special "AC or SAVE
prizes" for quests or whatnot.  You could just add

int saving_throw[NUM_OF_SAVES] [LVL_IMPL + 1];
int ac[LVL_IMPL + 1];

It's late and I can't think, is there a reason this would be dumb?

Chuck