Re: [OFFTOPIC] Re: [buffer] enhanced buffer problems!

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 08/30/98

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, The Fractal Dimension Administration wrote:

>Draft for conversion process steps:
>
>1.  Export makefile from MSVC 5
>2.  Copy and paste, reformat relevant parts into Makefile.in
>3.  run configure

I'd forget copy & paste and just add the required files.  The files aren't
too similiar.

>Is there something I might be missing?  I just want to make sure
>before I (accidentally) wipe my Windows 95 hard drive and lose all
>ability to connect to this mailing list because [insert random reason
>here].

Heh, I "upgraded" my Slackware to RedHat two days ago and I have to use
minicom to dial my PPP connection, then quit it, and run pppd on the still
connected line.  How fun. (Because RedHat, 5.0 at least,has an older
version of the PPP daemon than I used to.)

I still prefer Slackware (I HATE /etc/rc.d/rc.?.d/*, I like the simple
script /etc/rc.d/rc.3 method) but I want to play with threads and GNOME. :)

CircleMUD won't have a problem running/compiling there.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/ (not done) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.