Re: Racial Themes (was Re: password retrieval)

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 08/31/98

>Anybody else come up with new racial themes other than the ol' tried and
>true elf/dwarf/halfing, etc...

Well, I found that PlanesScape (the AD&D campaign world) had some really
good ones.  The two I likes the most were Aasimar and Tiefling.  Tiefling
were part human, and part something from the lower planes, and Aasimar
had part something from the upper planes.  They weren't a pure blooded
race, but this kind mix makes things interesting.  There's also minotaurs
(you can make them like DragonLance minotaurs, or anything), the
Thri-Kreen mantis men.  There's also races like Gargoyles, Vampires,
Werewolves, and Lizardmen.  It's amazing what the Humanoid Handbook has
for ideas, and what a little mythology will give you.  :)

---
"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press