Re: Racial Themes (was Re: password retrieval) retrieval)"* @MHS>

From: Marc Gale (MARC@BGC.AC.UK)
Date: 09/02/98

>                 Actually, although I have no plans to incorporate this into
>      my MUD, - just out of interest, has anyone implemented shapechanging
>      races that don't depend on spells, e.g. innate ability / command.?

Yes, it is central to the way my MUD is played.  Players must learn
about each form, and when they have learned enough, the form becomes
available to them.

>      I suppose there is a question of advantages / disadvantages to the
>      different forms.....

Yep, abilities are linked to certain forms, so if you want to learn
infravision, you must find a form that has access to it.  Of course,
it is then only available to you whilst you are in one of those
forms.

Marc