Re: Patch/Snippet Resolution

From: Del (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 09/03/98

d. hall wrote:

> I will say it again, there is _nothing_ preventing you from 'cd ..' up one
> directory to apply the patch.  It's a common practice to apply patches to
> the whole distribution, and not just the src/.

Common pracitce for who???? 99% of the patches out there were run on ONLY the
src directory!!!!! and NOT the whole distribution!

ohh well.. anyways.. I have said my peace.. and annoyed most of the list with
this one...

I stand on my thoughts to move the credits file to the src directory. Do a
check for existance and let it ride.. I think it will improve the use of the
file, since it is more readily available and if it does not patch right.. a
.rej file will be created and easier for anyone to add to it. It provides
more consistancy and convenience overall!
plain and simple.