Re: [Off-Topic] int/long/short

From: d. hall (dhall@OOI.NET)
Date: 09/05/98

>> okay, sorry for the totally unrelated topic, but what's the ranges for long,
>> int, short, etc?

Andrew> Erm... yeah, it's extremely off topic. Looking it up in a c book or
Andrew> even posting to comp.lang.c would be much more appropriate.

I have to waver on this for the simple fact that a lot of people get
confused when using the bitfields, not understanding the limitations
inherent to different types.  Those familiar with different unix
architectures are more likely to understand the reasoning.

This is the kinda of off-topic info that could be useful in the faq.

Andrew> ObBook: The C Programming language by Kernighan and Ritchie :)

I second this vote, and for the second edition which is a lot more complete
and is geared towards ANSI C.

d.