Re: [OLC+] New Release on the FTP Site... & ObCircle

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 09/07/98

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Tony Robbins [Kupek] wrote:

>There's a myth that among 'better builders' and builders as a whole, that
>a command line interface for OLC is preferred over the menu.  The speed
>factor is obvious, but has anybody seen a quality difference?  I'm asking
>this because I've just finished commandline interfaces to Oasis for
>objects, mobiles, and rooms, and I'm curious as to whether the fabled time
>and quality difference actually exists.

Personally, I created a few aliases (from memory):

alias desc redit $1;1;$2;q;y
alias exit redit $1;n;1;$2;0;q;y

Those aren't the real ones, but you get the idea.

I was going to write a command line interface for Oasis, but:

a) Big pain in the butt.
b) OBuild works well.

So just combine the two... :)

--