Re: staves of earthquake.

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 09/10/98

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Angus Mezick wrote:

>Welp, after mailing this, i came up with this solution.
>
>in spell_parser.c:mag_objectmagic()
>int the case ITEM_STAFF:

I've always considered it a feature. :)

From the 'bible':

:feature: /n./  1. A good property or behavior (as of a
   program).  Whether it was intended or not is immaterial.  2. An
   intended property or behavior (as of a program).  Whether it is
   good or not is immaterial (but if bad, it is also a
   {misfeature}). [...]

Moreso 2 than 1. If you don't want it, have OLC refuse to make them for
non-imps, or filter them out (with a warning) when loading the database.

Although I wouldn't think its a misfeature, it may be a misbug depending
on the thoughts of the person who originally designed that magic part.  All
in all I don't see too much of a reason to change it.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/ (not done) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.