[Newbie] [Code] Hunger/Thirst Damage

From: Brandon Brown (ViperBrd@AOL.COM)
Date: 10/03/98

Alright, this is probably very newbie-ish, so forgive me ahead of time... I'm
decently new to coding, so it could be something simple that I'm just entirely
missing.

Upon a little vote between the players, they decided that taking damage when
hungry/thirsty would be a good idea, and add to realism.

So I added this to the bottom of void gain_condition (limits.c).. it's
obviously simple right now, as I just wanted to make sure it'd work before I
started putting in decent numbers to subtract from hp, etc.

-=- Snip, Snip -=-

switch (GET_COND(ch, condition)){
    case 0:
    case 1:
    case 2:
    case 3:
    case 4:
    case 5:
  GET_HIT(ch) -= 6;
  send_to_char("You feel a pain in your chest as you realize how hungry you
are \r\n", ch);
   return;
default:
break;
}

If anybody could help me out, I'd be much obliged.  If you feel like flaming
me for this message, please send it as private email, so the list doesn't have
to listen to it.

Thanks,
 - Viper   (ICQ #  10883068)