Re: group fix?

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 10/11/98

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:50:47 -0400 Mulder <mulder@CLOUD9.NET> writes:
>On my MUD there are some items which are not available, such as a
>normal healing potion. There are also some which are, such as a group
heal
>potion.
>
>Players have been able to get around this by doing "follow self" and
>"group self" and putting themselves in a group in which only they are
in. In
>this way they can use a group healing potion without even being in a
group
>with more then one person
>
>I am trying to make it so a person cannot start a group unless someone
other
>then themself is going to be in it. And also when the group leader is
the
>only one left in the group it is disbanded
>
>I have tried to do this by adding the following into perform_group
>
>  if (ch == vict) {
>   send_to_char("You cannot start a group with no people in it!\r\n",
>ch);
>       return 0;
>  }

Well, what you may want to do, is put a check into the group heal thing,
and see if the number of people in the group is 1, and if so, then cancel
it, or do some odd punishment thing to them ;)  Maybe that'll work.

-Phillip

Phillip Ames    | Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
kirk47@juno.com | -Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #19
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html(Unfinished)