Re: [Circle98] More on Circle98 .....

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 10/13/98

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Phooey On You wrote:

>I loaded Circle98 on the ftp site into 'incoming'.  I believe someone changed
>the name because there is only one circle98 file in there right now, and it
>has a different name than I put.  I can only assume one of the site owners
>kept the 'good' copy I put up, and got rid of the copy that didn't load
>properly.  I thank them for this.

You can thank Alex for it.  It wasn't moved yet because...

>I also uploaded a brief README file for those who need it.  It is NOT a
>'coding.doc' file.  It's about 10 lines of instructions.  That's all.
>
>I doubt Circle98 will stay in the 'incoming' directory for long.  It will
>probably be moved somewhere more appropriate in the future.  But that's not my
>call.

...we didn't have a valid README file to let people know exactly what the
code was supposed to do.  Now that there is one, he will move it into
/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/server/ whenever he has a chance. (I would, but he's
already taking care of it.)

PS - autoconf is a pain.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but