Re: [BUG] [OFF TOPIC] show shops CRASH

From: Bryan Britt (beltane@BELTANE.COM)
Date: 10/18/98

I would like to mention about this %6d discussion, that I have been
programming in C for two months.  Although I have extensive programming
experience from ten years ago.  So forgive me if I don't use C terms.

I wanted to say that the formatting code  %2d, %4d, and %-4d are used
EXTENSIVELY in the OasisOLC menu coding.  Now while it took me less than
3 seconds to figure out what the code does, I understand that many on
this list are new programmers.

The original post to the list didn't have anything to do with the %6d
formatting code, and the ones that replied were unaware of the code.

My code has 56 instances of %2d alone 90% of them in Stock Oasis.  Look
at your code.

In terms of the C book not showing the codes...  I bet if you turn to
the page that shows the %d code it will tell you of the optional space
code modifier.

Now can we drop the %6d discussion and see if anyone has helped the
original poster find out why Show shops was crashing?

OBCIRCLE:
In trying to make our MUD more a thinking/realistic MUD instead of a
walk around and kill everything that moves...  we've make a few realism
changes.  Jsut in case you are interested, if not just delete.

In act.informative.c (do_consider):
    diff = (GET_LEVEL(victim) - GET_LEVEL(ch));
+   diff +=(MIN(GET_WIS(ch), 12) -12);
   /* Chars with low wisdom don't have a good sense of common sense.
      So give them a false sense of power.  Heh.  */

In interpreter.c:
Change the shortcut for the ':' to a comma or something.  The : is a
special character in zMUD.

In limits.c (point_update):  [We've added some SECT types but you can
see what we did, so you can make it fit yours.]

    gain_condition(i, DRUNK, -1);
-   gain_condition(i, FULL, -1);
-   gain_condition(i, THIRST, -1);
+   switch (SECT(i->in_room)) {