Re: [BUG] memory worries

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 10/18/98

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Roger Smith wrote:

>George keeps scaring me with all his talk about bpl12 memory bugs.
>Are all the fixes on the ftp site?

ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/3.x/circle30bpl14.tar.gz :)

>I'd like to know exactly how to fix future memory problems without dumping
>bpl12 and moving on to bpl14.  Please direct me to any important fixes.
>Thank you.

Try the ChangeLog.  _One_ of the fixes was:

-- gg - shop.c: ok_damage_shopkeeper(): Julian Fong reported that we could
        potentially reference [-1] if we have a non-prototyped mobile.

>I don't want to "hit the infamous bpl12-eats-your-memory bug" as George
>has put it.

OasisOLC is very good at triggering it, especially medit.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.