Re: [NEWBIE] General compile question

From: Jason Wilkins (fenix@IO.COM)
Date: 10/21/98

Brian wrote:
> What do you mean, conditionally compiled?

When the preprocessor sees things like
#ifdef ... #endif and #if ... #endif
it will only send the code inside them
to the compiler if the condition is true,
hence, it is conditionally compiled.

> Thanks, it does help...

Well, I hope it did, it appears that when you
include a lot of files, the output of cpp, or
gcc -E can be very large, so sometimes its
hard to find out where exactly your original
code is.  Sometime it can completely transform it,
by removing comments, adding #file and #line
preprocessor directives that you always
wondered about.  After looking at all the macros
defined in Circle Mud, I can imagine that much of
the code becomes completely unrecognizable after
the macros are processed.

>  - brian

           Phoenix -- President of The Artistic Intuition Company
       Caelius * Mirror Reflex * Runica * X-Domain * Infinite Realms
                          http://www.io.com/~fenix