Re: help page_string

From: Xual (xual@SATANSPAWN.ML.ORG)
Date: 10/27/98

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Tonster wrote:

> Is there a way to page_string commands mostly vwear?
> I have tryed to put page_string(ch->desc, buf, 1); after last object and at
> the end of
> the command with no luck. It seems that everyting in my code that is page
> stringed
> is files not commands, am i just sol?

not sure which vwear patch you're using, but I imagine that there's a line
in vwear_obj() that looks something like:

        sprintf(buf, "%3d. [%5d] %s\r\n", ++found,

within a for loop.  You want to change it to :

        sprintf(buf + strlen(buf), "%3d. [%5d] %s\r\n", ++found,

and make sure that the page_string() call is not inside the loop, but
called at the end of the function.  What's happening is that you are
calling page_string() every time the loop goes around, which is useless
because page_string() only pages if there are more than 24 lines.

Xual