Re: [CODE] MAX_AFFECTS

From: Rick Glover (magik@THEGRID.NET)
Date: 11/05/98

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Glover <magik@THEGRID.NET>
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Wednesday, November 04, 1998 8:25 PM
Subject: Re:  [CODE] MAX_AFFECTS

>The confusion that you are experiencing is the difference between affects
>that modify some of the values of the player data and AFFection flags.
>MAX_AFFECTS is the former.  This define determines the maximum number of
>affects (i.e. Strength +4, AC +2, Save_Spell +7, etc)  that an item can
have
>on it and the reason that it says DO NOT CHANGE is so that you wont ruin
>your player rent files.

Oops, I was wrong here.  I was just going by memory and it failed on me.
Changing MAX_AFFECTS will ruin your player files unless you use Ascii
pfiles.  However, this is just the number of affects that a player can have
on him at any one time.  It's use is purely for non-ascii pfiles and can be
eliminated if you use ascii pfiles (with some minor modifications on how
players are saved).

Sorry,
Rick