Couple Neat things

From: Peter Hartman (wart@KUNTRYNET.COM)
Date: 11/06/98

Greetings, et al.
  I've put together a logging function (cgi) that should work
with almost any CircleMUD.  I am still adding more functionality to this
script and invite any of you that use it and add another function to e-mail
so I can take advantage of this.

  I've also slapped together a quick perl script which (I feel) should be
included in some distribution, because it is darn useful.  You
can find it on the web [ http://agape.kuntrynet.com/pub/fix_index.pl.gz ]

What it does is simple enough, it creates your index file based upon the
.obj, .mob, .wld, .zon files you have.  And then it sorts 'em and creates a
nice index for you.  Very easy index mantanience this way.  If you want to
remove a .mob, move it to .bak or some such and rerun this script.

html_logs.pl -- Peter Hartman

  Current functionality of Logger (and examples)
[ http://agape.kuntrynet.com/pub/help_logs.pl.gz ]

1) http://agape.kuntrynet.com/mud/cgi-bin/html_logs.pl?do=list_players
  - List Players who've logged in and when

2) http://agape.kuntrynet.com/mud/cgi-bin/html_logs.pl?do=list_usage
  - List daily stats

3) http://agape.kuntrynet.com/mud/cgi-bin/html_logs.pl?do=list_most_killed
  - List which players have died the most.  And how much. Very fun!

4) http://agape.kuntrynet.com/mud/cgi-bin/html_logs.pl?do=list_killers
  - List which mobs have killed the most.  And how much. Those damn
cityguards, eh?

5) http://agape.kuntrynet.com/mud/cgi-bin/html_logs.pl?do=list_rip
  - will list who has died, where, and when.

6) http://agape.kuntrynet.com/mud/cgi-bin/html_logs.pl
  - Index of functions

  I've placed these again in my pub directory.  Feel free to grab it and let
me know what you think and any additions you make.

  http://agape.kuntrynet.com/pub/

  Hope these come in handy.

Peter Hartman
Eudaemonia MUD
http://mud.kuntrynet.com/mud/
mud.kuntrynet.com 4000 (agape.kuntrynet.com 4000)
wartmail@agape.kuntrynet.com

"Wesel keeps hanging on."
 -- Laurie Anderson