Re: Player Deletion

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 11/07/98

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Shane Augustine wrote:

>Hmm it appears that whenever I create a character and then log off, the
>character gets deleted.  The current characters however can log on and off
>safely.  All i've really done is add some skills and classes and I have
>*NO* idea what's wrong.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Neither will we.  Do some more debugging so we have details to work with.

Wild guesses at the moment:
a) Are you remembering to flush/close the player file?
b) Did you save?
c) Do you have two MUDs using the same player file?

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.