Re: PRF2 vs. 128bit

From: Phooey On You (Phooey182@AOL.COM)
Date: 11/08/98

In a message dated 11/6/98 2:04:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
beltane@BELTANE.COM writes:

<< Can any one tell me the relative advantages and disadvantages to
 installing the 128-bit patch verses the PRF2 solution?  There seems to
 be a lot of talk on the list about problems regarding the 128-bit
 solution. >>

128-bitvectors are easy to use, and once you get used to them, you can
actually go to any amount of bitvectors quite easily.  All you'd need to do is
write a converter for yout wld files.  It is also nice because you can write a
simmple character array which corresponds to the bitvectors.

I personally see no disadvantages to the 128-bitvector code.  Wrting
converters isn't that difficult.

Phooey