Re: Announcement Mailing List

From: George (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 11/18/98

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, Zeavon wrote:

>Is there a mailing list that releases nothing but announcements about
>CircleMUD bpl releases and/or changes to http://mouse.van.ml.org/ ? I've
>searched for such a resource, but have been unable to find one.

http://www.netmind.com/

If NetMinder won't take a ftp:// URL, just feed it:

        http://www.van.ml.org/pub/CircleMUD/3.x/

(Which is the anonymous FTP mirror area mapped into Apache space.)

[ In case you don't know, Mouse uses Rob Malda's Slashdot backend code
(hacked up by me) and his current working copy will e-mail new headlines to
people.  The only problem is that you have to register a user account.
While that may be fine for Slashdot, I consider it a pain at the current
size of the site.  So I'll probably end up hacking the old comment system
onto his new code, when he releases it. Eh, maybe one day someone with
graphic experience can make some buttons, suggestions, etc. to make it look
a bit spiffier. I suppose I should migrate the 2nd URL in my .sig first. ]

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.